When we talk about natural face moisturizer, what natural mean?
In this article, I am going to explain this in most scientific way and it won’t be the same approach for all type of skin. First you need to understand the core function of god gifted feature of human skin. In the face, scalp, and chest have the highest concentrations of sebaceous glands — each area of skin may have up to 900 Trusted Source of these glands per square centimeter. The sebaceous glands produce sebum, Sebum helps moisturize and protect the skin. Sebum is an oily, waxy substance. It coats, moisturizes, and protects your skin. It’s also the main ingredient in what you might think of as your body’s natural oils.
Components of sebum support skin health in several ways
- Hydration: Sebum helps keep moisture inside the skin, which promotes skin hydration and flexibility.
- Antioxidant : Sebum transports fat-soluble antioxidants, such as vitamin E to the surface of the skin. Antioxidants are natural compounds that protect against the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Protection against microbes: Sebum is slightly acidic, with a pH of between 4.5 to 6.0. As a result, it helps prevent harmful pathogens, such as bacteria and viruses, from penetrating the skin.
So best way to keep natural moisturizers in face is to keep your sebaceous glands clean and healthy so that you can maintain natural moisturizer of your face. Having too much or too little sebum can cause skin problems. Excess sebum production can lead to oily skin or acne, while an underproduction of sebum can result in dry, itchy, or flaky skin. While genetics and hormones play a large part in the way your sebaceous glands work, there are things you can do to help them function properly. Below are 4 most effective way to keep sebaceous glands healthy and it should be best natural face moisturizer for normal skin.
Stay well hydrated – Dehydration lead to the thickening of sebum as the eccrine glands are deprived of water. If thickness of sebum increase, then it affects the natural function sebaceous glands. Generally speaking, you should drink around 2.5 to 3 liters of water every day (more if you are overweight) to keep your sebaceous glands healthy.
Keep your face clean and Remove Dead skin from Face – It is important to keep your face clean so that unwanted substances like dust, mint, dead skin cells etc. does not reside in your face long time as these get mixed with sebum and can block the pores through which sebum comes out to spread on face.
You can wash your face as per below process at least once a day before go to bed at night.
- Fill the bowl with water that feels hot, but not scalding, to the touch.
- Soak the medicated towel in the hot water, gently wringing out the excess.
Recommend to use only clinically approved medicated face towel.
- Fold the towel into a square and apply it to the area that’s in pain.
- Hold the towel to your skin for 2-3 minutes at a time.
Warmth and moisture help loosen the contents inside the pores and draw excess oil and dirt to the surface.
Harsh chemicals and sunlight- exposure to allergens or harsh chemicals – suppress sebum production and make the skin dry.
- avoid skincare and haircare products that contain alcohol and artificial fragrances.
- Avoid high Ph harsh chemical face cleanser
- Avoid excessive sun exposure – reasonable exposer to sun is good for skin but excessive exposure is not good.
All above things damage your sebaceous glands and it produce less sebum eventually your skin lacks natural moisture and it became dry skin.
Save your Skin from fungus and Bacteria – Think about one third of our day (6 to 8 hrs) we spend in bed. This 6 to 8 hours is long time and your face skin remain constant in touch with the Pillow cover you are using. So its important to choose who is the best friend of your skin. As I mentioned earlier, sebum has natural elements that protect our skin from fungus and bacteria. Now the problem here is that the normal cotton or polyester pillow covers are high absorbent of moister so it absolve sebum element and your face skin becomes highly vulnerable to bacteria and fungus produce in pillowcase after accumulation of moisture, sebum, hair oil, face cream etc. in pillowcase night after night. These bacteria penetrate your skin and damage sebaceous glands and eventually damage your face skin and make it dry.
So its recommended to use medicated Pillowcase that less absorbent to moisture and having natural resistance to dust mites, mold, fungus and bacteria. Hence it protects your skin from fungus and bacteria and keeps your sebaceous glands healthy.
In this Article I mostly discussed about organic moisturizers for Normal skin. In next article I will explain best natural moisturizers for oily skin.